Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Ripley's Believe It Or.... Pancakes!



Have you heard about the newest pancake craze? Everywhere you look, you'll see this simple recipe for pancakes. The two major ingredients are Dani's favorites. So, I've been hoping for a few moments to whip these up for her. I was able to squeeze the time in this morning. This recipe calls for using cooking spray to fry up the pancakes. I used a little olive oil and butter.

These pancakes are obviously great for a quick and easy breakfast. I highly recommend using this recipe for a cooking lesson with the kids. They'll have fun and be proud of their little creations. Tip: make the pancakes very small, using 1/8th of a cup of pancake mixture. The pancakes are very thin and the smaller pancakes are easier to turn over. 

 Dani just got back from her run.
I foisted pancakes upon her. 

Thanks to Dani for being a taste-tester! I got a big thumbs up and I have a feeling she'll be adding this recipe to her pancake making repertoire. I tried them as well and they were delicious. You might think they would taste eggy, but they do not, due to the sweetness of the banana. They would be good with savories added if you like. You could also serve these as an appetizer with a sweet or savory topping. 


No comments:

Post a Comment